EB-204 is a high sensitivity, low power, SMD type 20channel GPS receiver designed for a broad spectrum of OEM applications.
EB-204 is based on the proven technology found in other Haicom GPS products and is designed to allow quick and easy integration into standard or custom applications.
High Sensitivity :
EB-204 enables the user to acquire and continue tracking GPS signals at far lower signal levels than is currently possible with other autonomous GPS solutions. This means that GPS can now be used in environments previously deemed impossible such as severe urban canyons, dense foliage, deep inside parking garages, and in many cases indoors.
Ease of Customization :
EB-204 is a high sensitivity, low power, SMD type 20channel GPS receiver designed for a board spectrum of OEM applications.
EB-204 is based on new SiRFStartIII technology found in other Haicom GPS products and is designed to allow quick
Reference design :
EB-204 offer reference design for customer to understand how to implement the SMD module into the system. Customer could also follow the reference design to make the applications such as Smart antennas, on board GPS devices, Location Base devices and PDAs.
Based on latest SiRFStart III technology
- Tiny module size: 24.4mm * 20mm * 2.8 mm
- Fully automatic assembly: Reflow solderable
- Customization Many GPS features can be customized via simple commands or via firmware changes to support a multitude of unique applications
- Performance :
High Sensitivity software. SiRFLoc AGPS firmware also available for customer option.
- Acquisition Sensitivity: Cold 30 dB-Hz, Warm 23 dB-Hz, Hot 15 dB-Hz
- Tracking Sensitivity: 13 dB-Hz
- Cold/Warm/Hot Start Time: 42/38/1 Seconds
- Reacquisition Time: 0.1 seconds
- RF Metal Shield for best performance in noisy environments.
- Multi-path Mitigation Hardware
- TTL level serial port for GPS communications interface
- Protocol: NMEA-0183/SiRF Binary
- Baud Rate: default 4800
- Programmable features: command update rate, enable/disablecommands, Datum, etc
A Few of the Many Possible Applications
- GPS Applications in PDA, Pocket PC, and other computing devices
- Car and Marine Navigation
- Fleet Management/Asset Tracking
- AVL and Location-Based Services
- Hand-Held Device for Personal Positioning and Navigation
Key Specifications / Special Features
- Chipset: SiRF Star III
- Frequency: L1, 1575.42MHz
- C/A code: 1.023MHz chip rate
- Channels: 20 channels all-in-view tracking
- Sensitivity: -159dBm
- Position: 10 meters, 2D RMS, 5 meters, 2D RMS, WAAS enabled
- Velocity: 0.1m/s
- Time: 1us synchronized to GPS time
- Default: WGS-84
- Reacquisition: 0.1sec, average
- Hot start: 1sec, average
- Warm start: 38sec, average
- Cold start: 42sec, average
- Altitude: 18,000 meters (60,000 feet) maximum
- Velocity: 515 meters/second (1,000 knots) maximum
- Acceleration: less than 4g
- Jerk: 20m/sec
- Main power input: 5V DC +/- 10% input
- Power consumption: 42mA
- Interface: TTL
- Dimension: 24.15 x 20.10 x 2.8mm
- Baud rate: 4,800 to 57,600bps adjustable 4,800 (default)
- Output message: SiRF binary or NMEA 0183 GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC, VTG, GLL
- Antenna: active or passive antenna
- Operating temperature: -40 to +85°C